Advent of Code: Getting Ready!

Greetings. It’s that time of the year and Advent of Code is upon us!

For folks who never played one, here’s what it is, copied straight from their website by Eric Wastl:

Advent of Code is an Advent calendar of small programming puzzles for a variety of skill sets and skill levels that can be solved in any programming language you like. People use them as interview prep, company training, university coursework, practice problems, a speed contest, or to challenge each other.

Here are some advent of code themed posts we had in this forum.

We already have a leader board and the link is: Leaderboard - Advent of Code 2021 and entry code: 370884-a6a71927

There is a hard limit of 200 members per leaderboard and we are already at 149. In case it fills up we shall create a new one.

See you in 100 hours (Earlier if y’all wanna do warm-ups here!)

2 Likes

I will be doing some warm-ups and sharing them here. I have been almost exclusive to Elixir (and more recently, F#) to solve problems. However, this year I have slightly different goal, instead of using sequential Elixir, I would like to tackle them with OTP and might try my luck with Erlang and my new favourite: LFE. Here’s an example: advent_of_code/lib/2016/day_10 at master · code-shoily/advent_of_code · GitHub I might shave a lot of yaks, and ets and statems in the process :wink:

Would love to learn some Erlang from you!

2 Likes