Embedded Software Engineer - Ekinops, Campinas, Brasil
Ekinops is a leading provider of open and fully interoperable layer 1, 2 and 3 solutions to service providers and enterprises around the world. This position is to act in Brazil´s office as part of an international R&D team between France and Brazil. Here, we work with agile methodologies and DevOps culture in a space that stimulates creativity, integration, and new ideas.
My name: Fabian van ´t Hooft
My position: Team Leader - Embedded software
Company name: Ekinops
Company website: www.ekinops.com
Company headquarters (country): France
Company info and history (how you’re using Erlang etc): We are using Erlang in the spirit of the original AXD301-system - using all of Erlang/OTP
About the job
Job title: Embedded Software Engineer
Salary range: 9-11k BRL ( Brazilian Reais)
Job Description: The embedded software team is looking for a new team member for our OTN-platform
OTN stands for Optical Transport Network.
It is a technology used to transport large amounts of data over long distances using optical fibres. It also provides functionality for error correction, monitoring and management. We use Erlang/OTP (Open Telecom Platform) which is a programming language and framework commonly used for building concurrent, distributed, and fault-tolerant systems. It is particularly well-suited for building our telecoms systems.
If you are looking for technological challenges, innovation, and freedom to create, this vacancy is for you. Ekinops Brazil´s office is located in Campinas, in the High-Tech Polis - Park II (CPQD).
- Design/Specification and implementation inside the platform;
- Define of YANG-models and work with NETCONF-based configuration systems;
- Maintain and implement features such as path-computations based on basic graph-structures;
- Write and extend components to interact with Silicon-vendor SDKs;
- Write and extend test- and system-cases for the existing infrastructure;
- Propose improvements in alignment with team in order to improve maintenance and decrease complexity;
- Performance & scalability test to make sure solution performs as expected under stress.
Profile and skills:
- 5-10 years of experience with coding in at least one of C / C++ / Erlang;
- Experience with Scrum and/or Kanban Methodology
- Knowledge of NETCONF-based systems ( ConfD, Libyang, Sysrepo etc )
- Knowledge with GIT
- Gnu/Linux systems, tools/commands
- Languages: Shell (bash)
- Intermediate or advanced English, conversation, and writing.
Part of the interview will be in English.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of data communication (Ethernet) and optical communications fundamentals (OTN/WDM);
- Experience in writing components with autoconf/autotools;
- Knowledge of Erlang/OTP systems;
- Knowledge of routing protocols fundamentals such as ospf;
- Knowledge of Jenkins or similar.
- Knowledge of Gitlab CI/CD / Gerrit or similar.
- Capacity to work in collaborative agile environment
- Self-motivated, with good analytical skills
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Good communication skills
- Sense of autonomy and ownership
Position on remote work
The job is partially remote - normally we fix 2 days per week to come in
We are looking for people whom are in the region of Campinas
About the interview process
You will have 3 interviews
- Interview Embedded Software Team leader and possibly a Team member
- Interview with Transport R&D Senior Director
- Interview with HR
In order to find our candidate we normally have a discussion, and if the interest is mutual
we might ask the candidate to write us some code / do an exercise via github.
After the team gives the thumbsUp - we hand you over to our Director, whom in turn
will hand you over to HR
- Salary in-line with the market
- Private Pension Metlife; Life Insurance
- Health Plan Unimed; Dental Plan Uniodonto
- Meal and supermarket Voucher
- Bonus for yearly goals achievements
- Assistance Baby school/Baby sitter
- Maternity and extended paternity leave
- Restaurants/Medical Outpatient Clinic on site
- Chartered bus or parking
- Agreements and Discounts (Club, pharmacies)
Ekinops Brazil´s office is located in Campinas, in the High-Tech Polis - Park II (CPQD)
Please go to this link: Embedded Software Engineer and indicate you came in via erlangforums!