GRiSP pinouts - is there documentation of the pinout on the different parts?

Hi,

another quick question, is there documentation of the pinout on the different parts? I couldn’t find anything on that on the wiki or the grisp.org page.

Following up - the closest I found was this documentation https://digilent.com/reference/_media/reference/pmod/pmod-interface-specification-1_3_0.pdf but the pins have no square / round encoding so not sure if it’s correct

3 Likes

The diligent PMOD specification is the right one. The square/round pin is just a convention to mark where Pin 1 is. Square/round only makes sense for through the hole soldered parts and not surface mounted as our connectors.

Thats why you will find a little “1” printed on the upper side of the GRiSP PCBs beside Pin 1

2 Likes

There is some more detail in the grisp_gpio interface documentation. Please let us know if something is unclear, and we’ll add more detail!

2 Likes

Thanks! And that documentation is exactly what I was looking for thank you eproxus! Perhaps it’d make sense to link that from the developer docs with a note that it includes the hardware info? It is likely me not being experienced with hardware development but having a link to either the sepecs or a note that it’s explained in the API docs would have been super helpful to me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Licenser :+1: Very good point! I’ve added a sub-link to the documentation links from both the resource page and the wiki.

3 Likes