Have you done anything with GRiSP yet?

Have you got your hands on one? If so how have you used it? :003:

Created by @peerst

BUILD EMBEDDED SYSTEMS WITH ERLANG & ELIXIR

GRiSP 2: DIVING DEEPER INTO EMBEDDED SYSTEMS

Create amazing Internet of Things designs without soldering or dropping down to C. The GRiSP project makes building internet-connected hardware devices easier with Erlang!

• Real bare-metal Erlang virtual machine
  • Hard real-time event handling, using open source code
  • Digilent Pmod™ compatible connectors for sensors and actuators

NEW! GRiSP 2 is a Go! The KickStarter campaign was fully funded — including the stretch goals. If you contributed, thank you, and keep an eye out for updates. GRiSP 2 boards can be pre-ordered now.

GRiSP 2 features the following improvements:

• Improved Wi-Fi and added Ethernet
  • Increased CPU speed and faster boot time
  • Nerves support with secure hardware-based key storage
  • Modular design for moving fast from prototype to production
1 Like

I have not yet, but as I use Erlang for development of a soft real-time supervisory machine controller I am very interested in this project.

2 Likes

I have not, but I have one pre-ordered. I was told they go out soon, so hopefully next month my answer will be different :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Plan is to ship GRiSP2 end of November, currently several of us are busy adapting all software and we need to pre-fill the secure element on it with a certificate which lets one register the board in a SaaS we are currently building around GRiSP

6 Likes

Ooh nice I’ve got a litte GRiSP fish attached to my avatar, nice touch @AstonJ

3 Likes

Glad you like it Peer :blush:

I’ve also made you the group owner for the @grisp_core_team group which means you can now add/remove core team members as and when needed. You also have a shortcut URL to your forum here: https://erlangforums.com/grisp :003:

Good luck with GRiSP2 - I’ll have my fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for you next month :023:

3 Likes