Hello Erlang! (Podcast)

Hello, Erlang! - is a show focused on the Erlang programming community. We discuss topics related to the BEAM and the Erlang Ecosystem with exceptional engineers that will share their knowledge and experience with you.

We made this podcast together with @adolfont and @elbrujohalcon :metal: for Erlang/OTP Community!

We will invite you all folks to ask be our guests in our episodes.

References

Episodes will be released at regular intervals of 1-2 weeks!

19 Likes
5 Likes

This is a great initiative.

Will add it to pod list. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice one!

If you need ideas for people to have on the show:

Seriously tho, I am sure you already have lots of people in mind to have on the show and I wish you all the success - it’s about time we had an Erlang podcast :023:

8 Likes

Thanks! Yes we want invite all folks from Erlang Community :metal:!

6 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

Will you be creating a website for the podcast? It would be great if you have show notes where you include further details, links etc :sunglasses:

If you don’t plan on creating a dedicated website please feel free to use the forum to include such info (I would create a standardised template then use it for all episodes). If you use something like Soundcloud you can even embed the episodes into the post, eg:

:003:

3 Likes

Yes we create today some static website(It is still under development and not fully completed, plus I haven’t dealt with CSS/HTML/JavaScript a long time). But of course as we focused on Erlang Community - we will use this great forum as much as possible in order to share information and also invite our guests to our episodes. Moreover, it was thanks to this forum that our podcast was born :upside_down_face:.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Now we also available at Google Podcasts! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Great initiative, already waiting for the second episode!
Thanks!

4 Likes

Episode #1: Yuri Zhloba (Wargaming)

Hi folks! New episode from Hello, Erlang! podcast for Erlang/OTP community! At this time our gust was @yuri_zhloba :metal:

Enjoy!

Also, please, don’t forget start follow us on Twitter at Hello, Erlang! and subscribe to our channel on YouTube or on your favorite audio platform :metal:

Uploading to other platforms is coming!

5 Likes
4 Likes

I just listened to the podcast with Yuri - good stuff!

5 Likes

good stuff, thank you - keep it on!

btw. given the current unfortunate events I hope you are safe and well. :ukraine:

4 Likes

Episode #2: Marc Worrell (CMS Zotonic)

Hi folks! New episode from Hello, Erlang! podcast for Erlang/OTP community! At this time together with @adolfont we take interview in @mworrell who created an amazing Erlang Open Source CMS Zotonic :metal:

Enjoy!

Also, please, don’t forget start follow us on Twitter at Hello, Erlang! and subscribe to our channel on YouTube or on your favorite audio platform :metal:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/zotonic-with-marc-worrell/id1609502987?i=1000583850889

Uploading to other platforms is coming!

4 Likes

Episode #3: Nova Web Framework

Hi folks! New episode from Hello, Erlang! podcast for Erlang/OTP community!

In this compelling podcast episode, we dive deep into the realm of Erlang/OTP and shine a spotlight on Nova, a revolutionary web framework designed to simplify the development of fault-tolerant and distributed web applications. Joining us are two trailblazing experts and the brilliant minds behind Nova: Daniel Widgren(@Taure), the Technical Lead at Kivra, and Niclas Axelsson(@burbas), a Senior Software Engineer at Telia.

Nova, drawing inspiration from various web frameworks, intricately weaves together their best features while harnessing the unparalleled functionality and stability offered by Erlang and BEAM. Our guests take us on a journey through the intricacies of Nova, shedding light on how it empowers developers to build robust and resilient web applications with ease.

Throughout the episode, Daniel and Niclas share their insights into the development process, the unique features that set Nova apart, and the challenges they overcame to create a web framework tailored for the Erlang ecosystem. Whether you’re a seasoned Erlang developer or a curious enthusiast, this episode promises to unravel the mysteries behind Nova and provide a fascinating glimpse into the future of web development.

Tune in to discover how Nova is shaping the landscape of web frameworks and learn from the firsthand experiences of the talented duo behind its creation. If you’re passionate about Erlang, distributed systems, or innovative web development, this episode is not to be missed!

Enjoy!

5 Likes