There are two ways to use this forum as a mailing list, you can either:
- Subscribe to the whole forum (and mute any sections or threads that do not interest you)
- Subscribe to individual sections
You can reply via email (any posts made by email are shown a little email icon towards the top right of those posts). When replying by email, please do not hard wrap.
How to subscribe to the whole forum
- Go to your preferences
- Scroll down to ‘Email’
- Check “Send me an email for every new post unless I mute the topic or category (Mailing list mode)”
How to subscribe to individual sections
- Go to the section you want to subscribe to
- Click on the bell icon in the top right hand side
- Select ‘Watching’ if you want to subscribe to every post made in that category, or
- Select ‘Watch first post only’ if you only want to be alerted to new threads posted in that category
There are a couple of alternatives to using the mailing-list modes.
Standard forum use and auto-tracking of topics
By using the forum online you automatically get subscribed to any threads you participate in. So, if a new reply I posted in one of these threads, and you haven’t logged in in the past 15 minutes, the system will send you en email notifying you of the reply.
You can also get the system to send you an email digest after a period of inactivity, look for the
When I don't visit here, send an email digest of what's new: in your settings.
The options are:
- every 30 mins
- every three days
- weekly (default)
- every two weeks