Luerl - have you used it?

If so, where/how and what do you like about it? :003:

Created by @rvirding :smiley:

Luerl is an implementation of standard Lua 5.3 written in Erlang/OTP.

Lua is a powerful, efficient, lightweight, embeddable scripting language common in games, IoT devices, AI bots, machine learning and scientific computing research.

It supports procedural, object-oriented, functional, data-driven, reactive, organizational programming and data description.

Being an extension language, Lua has no notion of a “main” program: it works as a library embedded in a host simple called the embedding program. The host program can invoke functions to execute a piece of Lua code, can write and read Lua variables, and can call Erlang functions by Lua code.

Through the use of Erlang functions, Luerl can be augmented to cope with a wide range of different domains, creating a customized language sharing a syntactical framework.

Luerl is implemented as a library, written in clean Erlang/OTP. For more information, read the documentation and follow the get started tutorial. You may also browse the examples and learn from the luerl_demo source code

3 Likes

Luerl is awesome, highly recommended for a scripting language.

1 Like

are there any ways to debug it or have some repl in this lua?

2 Likes

Not that I’ve ever tried? But haven’t had issues with it yet for being a scriptable access checker in one of my systems so far.

1 Like

I have experimented with writing a simple repl similar o the one that comes with Lua which would allow you to evaluate Lua directly. It has not been released yet, but maybe one day.

4 Likes