Thanking Kenneth Lundin for 27 years with the Erlang/OTP team!

As many of you know @kennethL is head of the Erlang/OTP team, and not only has he been with the team for 27 years, but a huge 45 years at Ericsson! He’s retiring this week and we’d like to take this opportunity to thank him for everything he’s done for Erlang and the rest of the BEAM community.

Thank you Kenneth, we wish you all the best in your retirement and hope you won’t be a stranger - keep in touch - we’d love to hear what this next chapter of your life brings! :partying_face:

74 Likes

Oh my, thank you so much for all the work and all the, sometimes difficult, way you stretched yourself and your comfort zone to adapt to all the way the community evolved.

I hope you have a joyful retirement.

8 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work for the community! I hope you have a long and enjoyable retirement!

5 Likes

Wow, 27 / 45 years :flushed:

Thanks @kennethL for all the work you did, it was always very nice working with you :hugs: Enjoy your retirement, and I hope you’ll nevertheless keep in touch :blush:

4 Likes

Wow, This is a long long long time, Thank you for all efforts @kennethL :pray:t2::rose:

4 Likes

Congratulations @kennethL on your remarkable record. Thank you for what you have done for Erlang. You can feel proud. All the very best of wishes for a long and happy retirement!

4 Likes

Thank you Sir.
Enjoy retirement but keep in touch !
@kennethL

3 Likes

Thanks for all those years @kennethL, and enjoy your retirement :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for everything over the many years, Kenneth!

6 Likes

Wow!

We’ve met only once and, Kenneth, you are a great engineer! You’ve been working in Ericsson more than I live and it is just incredible to imagine.

How is it possible to retire? =)

4 Likes

It’s been a quarter century journey for me and Kenneth has been there the whole time. As a young man, in my first foray into entrepreneurship, I took a financial risk on a commercial license and was very well supported. When ASN.1 became pivotal for me he was the man with the plan. I owe all my success to the OTP team and Kenneth has been that face in more ways than one. Thank you and enjoy!

8 Likes

Congratulations to Kenneth on a long career there. You’ve been a continued presence my entire time in this community. Enjoy retirement!

8 Likes

Thanks Kenneth, for your regular presentations of The State of The Union for the Erlang/OTP in various conferences, and your contribution to the Erlang and BEAM community. 45 years is indeed a long career!

3 Likes

Thank you @kennethL for your dedication to the Erlang project! It’s been a great pleasure through years to have Erlang contributions and patches accepted and merged into the distribution! I can’t think of many people who stayed at one company for nearly half a century. This suggests that working with a talented team and bringing interesting features in the product kept you going. Wish you lots of happiness in your retirement! It’s well deserved.

6 Likes