The new ERLANG.ORG is launched

I couldn’t disagree more. Examples are so powerful.

5 Likes

I agree - if there are going to be any code examples, showcasing processes really should be included :003:

Perhaps for now the carousel can be slowed down a little bit and then when/if you’re ready, you could start a dedicated thread to seek feedback on which snippets might be worth including :smiley:

5 Likes

But you don’t want powerful, you want something that a guy coming from python or java to see and say “I see what you’re doing there, this is interesting”

3 Likes

hmm, yes. Good point. We want to show something that explains what is possible, not just showcasing the syntax. Maybe it is time to dust off my non-existing drawing skills and make a diagram of some sort to illustrate it better.

3 Likes

Perhaps if you asked @MononcQc he might let you use some of the pictures from LYSE? On the other hand, maybe not such a good idea…

4 Likes

I like syntax samples even(especially?) for languages which I don’t know. I like it displayed on 1st page, so don’t need to search for “language X syntax example”.

I guess there is probably an audience for bullets and nice round sentences, or maybe even diagrams, but I’m not in that group.

However, to me as a programmer, there is nothing better than a syntax samples with a commentary suggesting what it does.

6 Likes