Erlang Nostalgia

Inspired by @marcellanz’s thread here: "old" printed OTP documentation – Cover, I thought it would be nice to have a thread for those who’ve been involved with Erlang for a while and who’d like to take a trip down memory lane …do you have any stories to share? I’m sure I can’t be the only one interested :blush:

9 Likes

9 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

13 Likes

3 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

Robert-Train

is available any video about this presentation? @rvirding

8 Likes
8 Likes

Unfortunately as far as I know there was no video. It wasn’t really a presentation as such, we were showing the train set as a demo of Erlang at a trade show. We thought that just showing a switch would be too boring and this would attract more people. I think there isn’t even a picture of the track we used in demo or the graphical display of the track with trains on it another colleague did.

5 Likes

Note that Joe and Mike just sit there talking while I do all the actual work. :wink:

17 Likes

BTW in Hello Erlang Podcast we were take a some audio part from Erlang movies and put it as part of intro of podcast for each episode :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

nice content with good sound arrangement

2 Likes

the idea to using train for showing features was so powerfull and so amazing after years.

2 Likes

Joe, is that a soldering iron + ice cream? :joy:

3 Likes

Have to add this from our Hello World thread :003:

Thanks for posting all those photos @keyhan! I didn’t know there was an Erlang Swiss knife! Also curious about this one - what’s the story behind that?

How old was the pic with Robert and the train track? Not sure if you’re aware Robert, but pretty much everything you’re wearing is back in fashion now!! :081:

Maybe they were working on a very early GRiSP prototype? :lol:

2 Likes

thanks for opening this thread,
I designed that simple poster several years ago, it is about concurrency, real-time, and the reliability of erlang.

2 Likes